At about 9:30 EDT if was nearly useless. Then about a half hour later it came back to 'normal' and is fine now. It is probably contention with high priority users whose requirements, and payments, are much higher than mine.
I was up and down as well this morning. It came back up after about 30 minutes and has been fine since.
I also had similar problems the other day. Nothing, no signal... nada. I emailed Scott. He sent me a file and walked me through the uploaded to iSite.
As far as the service with etherSat/iDirect we've been with them for 15 months. No problems until this past month, however it's apparent they are addressing the issues. I believe the future is bright for us.
Satellite internet is not for the faint of heart and does take some getting use to. It has it's quirks just like many other things in life. You either get use to them or move on to something else. I also have a back up for connectivity through my cell card. There are always other short term fixes (wi-fi) as well until we are on the new bird.
After years of research, Don and many others can attest to my many questions. We have found our F2 and the service from EtherSat to be the best solution if you spend a lot of time off the beaten path.
I knew deep down that there was something LARGER than just an iDirect Upgrade going on. iDirect upgrades take approximately 2-4hours to complete so I knew there was either significant network backend work being done or possibly a Hub relocation. I didnt want to hint to it as such statements can cause paranoia and discontent. I hate to sound pessimistic, but this one will more than likely be painful for awhile.
TK, we have always considered you to be "high maintenance." Just kidding. Honestly I am impressed with the level of attention to detail that some of you guys have. You are well beyond "deploying your systems and hoping that they work."
Ethersat needs to be careful of this one, it could cause a cleint mass exodus. I hope they have the all-star team working it. M
-------------------- Mike Posts: 567 | From: North Carolina | Registered: May 2007
| IP: Logged |
Paul, You just need to call Franco at MotoSAT. They will either do a telnet change for frequency or you may need to install a new config. file. Both are pretty easy but should get you working until the satellite change which appears that it will be taking place for F3 users only on Friday. This should relieve the congestion until the final satellite moves are made.
-------------------- Bill Adams Winegard Company Posts: 15699 | From: Traveling the Western US | Registered: May 2003
| IP: Logged |
quote:Originally posted by psmithsr: TX Status is "Transmitter is disabled" with a occasional flash on/flash off of "Transmitter is available for Normal Operation"
I can't recall your experience level with iDirect, but in my layman's terms, what you are describing here is essentially a "handshake" going on between your equipment and the NOC. It turns the transmitter on, tries to ping a known server and listens for the response. If it does not get a response, it turns the Tx off and tries again in a short while. You will see it toggle back and forth until the communications loop is confirmed.
This happened to me yesterday and today. Rx was operational but Tx not. I can only assume someone somewhere is juggling equipment or wires that results in the temporary inability to get Tx to connect.
I am buckled in and ready for the ride!
One thing I can say, it is better to know what is going on and how it might affect us rather than being blind-sided with an upheaval, so I commnend the CTO on the detail in the earlier post. They probably thought this would go better.
If you have a copy of your option file and iSite, upload it. If not, contact Franco in the morning. I went through it Sunday night, and every time I walk by Franco's office (I'm in SLC) he is on the phone taking someone else through it. Some screwup when they did stuff getting ready to move to Intelsat.