Recently got back online with MobilSat. Worked fine. Moved this weekend and had a bit of trouble getting back online, but attributed it to the weather in Dallas, and I did get online for a bit of time. Even used iDModTool and DS2Admin to peak the signal.
At some point lost my connection and could not get on. The modem was not even trying to connect (no Tx pulses). MobilSat said that likely the modem was not getting lat/long. Telneted in and sure enough they were correct. Thing is, then even DS2Admin nor my browser could connect to the D3.
Thought I would try a connection directly from my laptop to the D3. Can't even seem to make that work. The cable should be a standard network cable, right? Not a cross-over cable? Also, if my D3 IP was 192.168.15.250, remind me what I need to set my laptop IP to? I tried 192.168.15.20. If I try to ping 192.168.15.250 it reports "destination host not reachable".
MobilSat suggested I may also have a router issue, but it seems I should be able to connect directly to the D3 from the laptop. Just been awhile since I have had an issue like this...
You would need to keep the D3 plugged into the router and your computer should automatically be picking up a 192.168.15.xxx IP address. If it is not then you have a network issue. How did you get off of 1.1 to 15.xxx?
-------------------- Bill Adams Winegard Company Posts: 15675 | From: Traveling the Western US | Registered: May 2003
| IP: Logged |
Ever since moving to iDirect, my IP addresses have always been 15.xxx. Not sure why. MobilSat left that in place. Back from meetings for the day so will try to connect with the D3 with a crossover to hopefully see what is going on...
Looks like maybe I am about to recover. I just could not connect to the D3, even directly with a cross-over cable. Decided I'd try to put it in boot mode. Still could not ping or telnet to the boot mode IP of 192.168.0.250. I was about to give up but decided to turn the D3 off and put it in boot mode again. This time it came to life on 0.250. Did a nvclear and reboot and was then able to connect using 1.250. Reconfigured it to the same subnet as my network 15.250 and now my router can see it and I can get to the config page over the router. Now just need to get my config parameters from MobilSat and I think I should be able to get back online.
So who knows what happened. I am at MCD Innovations in McKinney getting some new shades installed. Some of the other customers commented that the AC voltage was too high and are actually using their generator. I have a meter that does read up to the top of the green band - about 125 volts - so not sure if a power surge or something may have been the culprit. Once again, very odd....